On this page we will tell you how to replace a lost passport or stolen passport but first you will to report the passport lost or stolen.
Questions on a lost passport or stolen passport visit the UK Passport Forum
It’s vital that you report a lost passport or stolen passport as soon as possible and you will need to complete the Form LS01 and send it off to Her Majestys Passport Office.
You should report all UK passport thefts to the police. You will need the crime reference details for the lost or stolen notification Form LS01.
There are several ways in which you can request a LS01 Form and they are as follows:
- call the IPS advice line on 0300 222 0000 and they will post you one out
- visit a Regional Passport Office and pick one up
- visit your local police station and pick one up
- download the LS01 Form here. Print it off, fill it out and post it to the IPS
- request the LS01 Form online here and they will send one out in the post
- pick one up from any Post Office that offers the Passport Check and Send Service
- complete the LS01 form online and Her Majesty’s Passport Office will post it back to you for you to sign and send back to them
Her Majesty’s Passport Office, Address:
89 Eccleston Square
0300 222 0000
Was your British passport lost or stolen abroad?
If you are abroad right now and have a stolen or lost passport you will need to visit the local police station ASAP. Make a report and get the crime reference details, you’ll need this for the LS01 form.
You will also need to report the lost passport or stolen passport to the UK embassy, consulate or high commission of the country you are in.
For a full list of British embassies around the world click on British Embassies Abroad
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (British Embassy) can issue you with replacement travel documents so you can get yourself back to the UK.
Replacing a Lost Passport or Stolen Passport:
Whilst reporting your British passport lost or stolen you can apply for a replacement passport at the same time. You’ll need to complete and submit the standard passport application form.
Two things though – You must be a British national and you must be in the UK when you apply.
How much will a replacement lost passport cost?
- Replacing an adult lost passport will cost you £72.50 for the standard service and £103.00 for the one-week Fast Track service.
- Replacing a child lost passport will cost you £46.00 for the standard service and £87.00 for the one-week Fast Track service.
- Note, that the Premium one-day service is not available for replacement passports.
- You can find more detailed information on passport fees here.
Passport Application form:
There is one standard form for all UK passport applications, you just need to fill out the relevant parts depending on what type of passport you’re applying for.
There are 3 different ways in which you can obtain a passport application form for a Lost UK Passport.
- You can pick a form up from a main Post Office branch.
- Or call Her majesty’s passport Office on the advice line 0300 222 0000 and they will also send you a form through the post.
- Or you can visit the government site and fill out the form there.
If you need a replacement urgently:
If you need to travel in less than 14 days, you can make an urgent application to replace your lost passport.
The Premium one-day service is not available for replacement lost or stolen passports but you can use the Fast Track one-week service.
First you should call Her Majesty’s Passport Office Adviceline on 0300 222 0000 to make an appointment at your nearest Regional Passport Office.
Write down the address and phone number of the
UK embassy in the country you plan to visit!