Smart Passport Application Form
Before you begin to complete the Smart Passport Application Form please read the following instructions carefully.
Do NOT use this application form if:
- You are making your British passport application from Australia or New Zealand
- You are applying for a free war veteran passport
- You will be making a passport application in the UK
Do use this application form if:
- You are applying for a UK passport while abroad and you are a British citizen, British Overseas citizen, British subject, British protected person, British Overseas Territories citizen, or British National (Overseas).
To download the Smart Passport Application Form please follow these few simple steps
- Right click on the link below
- Choose ‘save target as’ (or ‘save link as’ depending on your browser)
- Save the file to your computer
- Open it using Adobe Reader and enter the required data
- You can save the form at any point and open it later for further editing
- You will only be able to print the form once you have provided all required information
Before printing your completed Form please ensure that the paper is set to Portrait and the paper size is set to A4.
Check that you have printed out all pages of your completed Smart Passport Application Form before sending it to off.
Download the SMART FORMhere.
Please submit your application at least 4 weeks before you need the passport, and at least 6 weeks if you have not previously held a British passport.
If you have a question about the Smart Passport Application form visit our Passport FAQpage.